Friday, May 20, 2005

Unexplained Mysteries in Episode III

Last time I posted the top three things I didn't like about Episode III. Today I'm going to post my top three unexplained mysteries from the movie. Remember, I liked it! However, the more I think about it, the more I think that Episode I was a complete waste, and the good parts of II and III should have been spread out over three movies. Anyway, for the spoilers, read on:

  • General Grievous: Who/what is he, where did he come from, and why is he so important? At the end of Episode II, Count Dooku was the leader of the separatists. At the beginning of Episode III, Count Dooku AND Grievous are the leaders. Definitely a character that could have had better development.

  • Padme's deathbed: Padme, who "lacked the will to live", was able to (in a clear voice and with bright eyes) look at the children and name them. Then, she died. What caused her death, other than the force-choke that Anakin gave her quite earlier. Was it just a broken heart? Please.

  • Leia's recollections: In Return of the Jedi, Luke asks Leia if she has memories of her biological mother and what those memories were. Leia remembers her mother was beautiful but very sad. Did she get these memories in the first moments after birth?

I realize that some of the information I'm missing (esp. about Grievous) might be explained in the "Clone Wars" cartoons or the Labyrinth of Evil book (or even the Episode III novelization), but I haven't seen/read them yet.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Peter said...

OK if that's true, why did Luke not have any memories of her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home