Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Interviews

I conducted my first interview for our open position today. It is so hard to decide if you should hire someone. This person to me seemed smart enough and talented enough to do the work. There is so much more that you need to take into account though. He isn't a U.S. citizen. Used to be a problem, but I'm not sure it is with current customers. He's got his own ideas about what he likes to do, which is great if you can convince him the work you need done is stuff he likes to do, but what if you can't? How do you spend a bunch of time/money educating someone in the work you do and the customer's environment if you're not positive they'll stick around for the long haul? Then again, what could make me positive that anyone would? Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home