Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things I've learned

1) It's not true that nobody reads this blog. Especially when @catalyst directs people here. I also found out that two of my articles, one on fixing Vista's driver cache, and another on a Pandora bookmarklet, have quite a bit of views, both completely organically developed. The web is cool.

2) Writing emails is not what I was considering part of the thirty day writing challenge. Yet, a few circumstances over the last couple of days have required me to write some pretty good emails. I took the opportunity to not curse the emails and the fact they required responses, but use them as writing exercises. I was pleased with the results.

3) Contacting my lawyer is an expensive proposition, but it's usually the right idea.

4) Procrastinating certain work items (which shall remain unnamed lest I give away my secrets) is a bad idea.

5) Something very fishy happened with the calculation of scores at the charity golf tournament I was in yesterday. I would like to learn how handicapping team scores in a tournament is really done.

Today's writing challenge items consisted of a report which I cannot share, and some emails mentioned previously - also confidential. More public things will come this week, I still need a good candidate for others to edit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home